Tuesday, April 1, 2008

KNITTING FOR BABY

PRINCESS VICTORIA REIGNS SUPREME



In a previous post (If at First You Don’t Succeed) I wrote about the disaster of a sweater that I was knitting for my cousin’s baby that was due in January. Well, the little made her entrance into the world at the end of January. I still planned on sending her a knitted item.


In early March my cousin sent some pictures of her precious bundle and she is a beauty.
Her name is Victoria and I have given her the nickname “Princess Victoria”. I gave her that nickname because anyone that knows my cousin knows that she is a woman that wants things her way or it’s on way at all. I told my family that the new addition would change some of that and she has. Princess Victoria is running things in the house and it just makes me laugh.

Anyway, once I saw a picture of the new member of the family I knew that the sweater I was knitting (or planned to re-knit) would not do. I began looking for another garment that would just look darling on our Princess. While looking at a post on Knittinghelp.com, a knitter posted a beautiful picture of a sundress that she made. I knew that it would be lovely on Victoria.



This was a pleasant little project. Knitting doesn’t get much easier than moss stitch, the shaping was quite simple, and being that it’s baby-sized, it knit up quickly. I used Plymouth Yarns Jannee, in a Chartreuse color. I have grown quite fond of this yarn. Relative to other high-end yarns, it’s quite inexpensive. And it’s very pleasant to work with.


Pattern: Buttercup Sundress
Book: Cozy Knits for Cuddly BabiesMaterials: Plymouth Yarns Jannee 51% Cotton/49% Acrylic

Needles: US7/4.5mm Addi Turbo










No comments: