Saturday, August 6, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Finally, summer school is over and I can relax (somewhat). Last year my sister and nephew moved to Westlake, Ohio. Even though we both drive back and forth visiting, I always drive back home the same day (she’s only two hours away from Detroit), so, last weekend I went up for the weekend. I didn’t make the trip alone. Our mother, my daughter, and my three grandsons went also.

Besides a ton of shopping, she took us to “The Christmas Story” house in Cleveland, OH. That movie has been my absolute favorite ever since it came out. 
This house is tiny compared to the way it looked in the movie.
We met actor Ian Petrella who played Randy. That’s me in the red top, my sister on the left, and my daughter and little Yum Yum.

The major award.


My daughter wearing Flick’s hat.
Me holding the Red Ryder BB Gun.


 Between the shopping, touring, and visiting, I did get a bit of knitting in. This is the Sweet Bon Bon Baby Blanket that I found on Ravelry. The yarn details are on the Raverly page.

My goal is to complete this before Wednesday because I’ll be starting this.

 See you next blogging.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Red Ryder BB gun!!!!

Sherlda said...

I didn't shot my eye out. LOL